Sunscreen is important…
Like REALLY important! Sunscreen helps prevents sunburns and as we all know Burns ‘R Bad. But did you know that there are about 132,000 new cases of melanoma diagnosed worldwide each year? Worse is that out of that there will be an estimated 76,380 in the United States alone. At Predator Warpaint we are here to make sure that on your next hunt you are protected with the highest quality color tinted sunscreen available. Sun burns are horrible and melanoma is worse but now outdoors you can be PROTECTED BY PREDATOR.
The incidence of melanoma has increased 15 times in the last 40 years. This is a more rapid increase than for any other cancer (2)
Most common cancer killer of young women, more common than breast cancer in ages 29-34 (3)
Caucasian populations have the highest risk of developing melanoma (4)
Prevention Is Key
- Seek shade and avoid direct sun during the peak hours of 10-4
- Cover up with protective clothing and USE SUNSCREEN lotion
- Make sure sunscreen covers the little areas that are esay to forget like your ears, tops of your hands and back of your neck!
- Protect your skin even on cloudy days. UV light still passes through clouds!
(1) American Cancer Society. “Cancer Facts and Figures 2016”. Atlanta: American Cancer Society; 2016
(2) Weinstock MA. Epidemiology, Etiology, and Control of Melanoma. Med Health R I. 2001;84(7):234-236
(3) National Cancer Institute, American Cancer Society’s Facts and Figures, The Skin Cancer Foundation, The American Academy of Dermatology
(4) Lotze MT, Dallal RM, Kirkwood JM, Flickinger JC. Cutaneous Melanoma. In DeVita VT, Rosenberg SA, Hellman S, eds. Principles and Practice of Oncology, 6th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott; 2001