Sunscreen is important…
It is the first line of defense for your skin. Each year there are about 100,000+ new cases of melanoma diagnosed in just the United States alone. This number does not include the environmental exposure that our skin is subject to on a daily basis that contribute to upwards of 19% of all cancers. At Predator Warpaint we incorporate EarthWell® Zinc technology that uses a patented film former that creates a physical barrier on your skin. Our formula allows Predator Warpaint to be applied while you are wet or sweaty. Whether you are out in the woods or storming a beach, Predator Warpaint has you covered.
The incidence of melanoma has increased 15 times in the last 40 years. This is a more rapid increase than for any other cancer (2)
Most common cancer killer of young women, more common than breast cancer in ages 29-34 (3)
Caucasian populations have the highest risk of developing melanoma (4)
Prevention Is Key
- Seek shade and avoid direct sun during the peak hours of 10-4
- Cover up with protective clothing and USE SUNSCREEN lotion
- Make sure sunscreen covers the little areas that are esay to forget like your ears, tops of your hands and back of your neck!
- Protect your skin even on cloudy days. UV light still passes through clouds!
(1) American Cancer Society. “Cancer Facts and Figures 2016”. Atlanta: American Cancer Society; 2016
(2) Weinstock MA. Epidemiology, Etiology, and Control of Melanoma. Med Health R I. 2001;84(7):234-236
(3) National Cancer Institute, American Cancer Society’s Facts and Figures, The Skin Cancer Foundation, The American Academy of Dermatology
(4) Lotze MT, Dallal RM, Kirkwood JM, Flickinger JC. Cutaneous Melanoma. In DeVita VT, Rosenberg SA, Hellman S, eds. Principles and Practice of Oncology, 6th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott; 2001